[4/24/2020] Spain: disinfecting public areas in the regions of Murcia and Castilla–La Mancha
Depending on the method and equipment it uses, a team can disinfect between 3,500 and 125,000 sq. metres a day, to help reduce Covid-19 transmission.
The work was carried out in accordance with the safety measures aimed at protecting workers against the coronavirus, and with authorities’ requirements:
- Team members kept their distances from each other or wore specific PPE (suitable masks and gloves);
- Tools were disinfected or team members refrained from sharing them;
- The vehicles were disinfected before and after rounds;
- Hand sanitiser gel was available;
- The rounds were scheduled at specific times to avoid crowding;
- The teams followed protocols for washing hands and wearing and removing masks and gloves.