"Drive for life competition" at Ringway
From May to November 2011, Ringway (Eurovia in the United Kingdom), is running a competition called « Drive for life » the aim of which is to promote the awareness of road risk and also to make employees more aware of the environmental impact of using vehicles.
This competition is extending to all of Ringway’s employees. It’s split on to five categories:
· Commercial Vehicle Best Driver: judging is based on safe driving behaviour and impact on the environment;
· Driving Knowledge Competition: an online quiz asking employees questions based on the Higway Code or on the Ringway Vigiroute road risk management programme;
· Young Driver Competition: for drivers aged 25 years and under, they are awarded on recommendation from management;
· Alternative Means of Transport: for employees who use alternative means of transport to reduce their exposure to road risk and to reduce their environmental impact;
· Vigiroute Division Award: number of Vigiroute incidents (driver fault) within the division (taking into account fleet size), how are these incidents managed regarding investigation and signing off, how well has the division done in the overall “Drive for Life competition”.
Judging will take place over the coming months with awards being given per division along with an overall group winner. The winners will be announced during the Road safety week which starts on the 21st November.