Road construction and maintenance
Though they remain an essential means of travel and transportation and of building ties and promoting trade, roads have evolved considerably since their introduction in the early part of the 20th century. Today, users, local residents, and managers want lasting infrastructure that brings about true comfort, better flow, fewer nuisances, greater safety, and a longer useful life.
A19: 101 km of highway
1.5 million tonnes of materials, including 1.1 million tonnes of asphalt paving were required to build highway A19. This is the story of a highway that had to be built in four years to connect Artenay and Courtenay in the Loiret region. Four years to conduct feasibility studies, carry out construction, and deliver the project for entry into service of a 101-km highway segment linking A10 to A6 and to the existing A19 segment.
No fewer than 100 Eurovia employees were involved on the road-construction portion of this project over an 18 to 20-month period. Asphalt paving was produced by three mobile units. Aggregate materials were sourced from three quarries located at Deux-Sèvres, Morvan and Orne and delivered for themost part (90%) to the worksite by rail. Entry into service for highway A19 occurred in May 2009.
Poland: expressway for Euro 2012
Eurovia's Polish and Czech teams are building a 20-km section of the expressway linking Poznan and Gniezno in west-central Poland. The project is part of a construction program comprising 1,100 km of highways and over 2,000 km of expressways in connection with the Euro 2012 football tournament.
The US 19 project in Florida
Hubbard Construction was awarded the US 19 project (a build/finance mandate) in Clearwater, Florida. The project calls for the conversion of a 4.1-km section of a six-lane urban road into a dual 3-lane flyover and includes the building of five bridges as well as north and southbound 2-lane access roads.
Florida's Department of Transportation will finance 80% of the project; and Hubbard the remaining 20%. This is one of the company's largest contract to date and Eurovia's first build/finance mandate in the U.S.